Acting as quantum experts in a wide range of matters, from fossil fuel power generation to renewables.
Our experts are regularly instructed and give evidence in disputes in court and under arbitration proceedings. We have experience of working on projects globally, both in relation to investment treaty claims acting for and against the state, and in commercial and contractual disputes between companies.
Whether it be technical construction issues causing delays or losses arising from changing government policy in relation to renewable energy, we provide specialist expertise in evaluating wasted costs and the valuation of historical and future losses.
Our recent cases include:
- Oral evidence in a LCIA arbitration on behalf of a global energy company sued for non-payment of more than USD 100 million of claims made by one of its principal sub-contractors.
- Quantified losses arising from breach of an electricity distribution contract in Turkey for two different entities in ICC arbitrations. This involved complex tariff and scenario modelling.
- Oral evidence in an ICSID arbitration concerning a claim brought under a Bilateral Investment Treaty in which a Turkish company claimed expropriation of two power ships and two support vessels following the termination of a contract to supply power.
- Assisted in a UK litigation on the losses suffered by businesses in the renewable energy sector as a result of changes in government tariffs, incorporating the views of industry experts into our calculation of loss.
- Instructed as the quantum expert in a USD 400 million claim made by the owner of an electricity generating power plant in Turkey for losses suffered due to forced shutdowns of the plant arising from technical problems alleged to have been caused by the respondent.
If you would like to find out more about our experience in utilities disputes, please contact any of our partners.