Oil & Gas
Extensive expertise in quantifying damages in major oil and gas disputes.
Our firm is recognised by GAR100 as having particular expertise in oil and gas disputes. We have experience of working both for and against the state in investment treaty claims and ECT claims, and in commercial and contractual disputes between companies.
We have advised and given evidence on a range of contractual and valuation disputes, including on matters such as the terms of PSCs (including cost recovery and revenue sharing mechanisms), contractual price revisions, upstream and midstream cash flow valuation modelling, and wasted cost claims. Our cases have involved projects in many jurisdictions, including the Middle East, Central Asia, Eastern Europe, South America, and West Africa.
Our complex modelling skills and experience of collaborating on oil and gas disputes with external technical experts ensures that our work and opinions are both cohesive and robust.
Our recent cases include:
- Oral testimony on behalf of the Claimants in a SCC arbitration relating to an ECT claim against the State of over USD 5 billion. Work involved assessment of lost profits and valuation of future losses.
- Assisting a major international oil and gas company based in the Middle East in an Ad-Hoc Arbitration in The Hague in relation to defending a claim for loss and damages as a result of a non-supply under a GSPC.
- Quantified past and future losses suffered by a company supplying crude oil and oil products as a result of non-performance of a fuel supply agreement for a commissioned pipeline.
- Oral testimony on behalf of the Respondent in an ICC arbitration in relation to an accounting dispute over an oil and gas joint venture in CIS region.
- Expert determination regarding an oil and gas SPA dispute, based in the Middle East, provided assistance in preparation of the claimants’ written submissions and responses to Expert’s questions.
If you would like to find out more about our experience in oil and gas disputes, please contact any of our partners.