Proving testimony on global financial services disputes
Our experts regularly work on financial services claims, acting on behalf of and against financial institutions and insurers.
Our work has involved undertaking funds tracing, investigating allegations of fraud and assessed losses in cases relating to insurance policies, foreign exchange, money markets and disputes relating to equities and bond investments. Our wealth of experience means we bring clarity to these high-value and complex issues.
Our recent cases include:
- Gave evidence on the valuation of the minority stake in a financial institution with a value in excess of USD 100 million as part of an SCC Arbitration.
- Acting for an insurance company under administration in the High Court in a professional negligence claim against its former auditors.
- Assisted the Claimant in a mediation in relation to quantifying potential foreign exchange losses suffered in relation to the outsourcing of a global payroll function.
- Gave evidence before a LCIA tribunal in an arbitration concerning allegations of diverted funds in a private equity and mezzanine investment business.
- Acted as the expert in an expert determination relating to the sale and purchase of an insurance business between a number of UK individuals and a Singapore-based subsidiary of a New Zealand listed company.
If you would like to find out more about our experience in financial services disputes, please contact any of our partners.